Where: Redcliffe Peninsula
When: 27 August to 11 September 2016
This year’s Redcliffe Festival is going to be bigger and better than ever with events spread throughout the Redcliffe Peninsula over three massive weekends.
The Festival will boast a dynamic program of free and ticketed family-friendly events, a stunning array of musical entertainment, the largest fireworks display in the Moreton Bay Region, and the ultimate kids weekend at KiteFest 2016.
So here’s a week to week overview of what’s on offer at the Festival:
Week One Kitefest
When: Sat 27 & Sun 28 August
Where: Pelican Park, Hornibrook Esplanade, Clontarf
- In The Sky – featuring kite flyers from around the world
- Kitefest Main Stage – kids will be thrilled with both Minions and Marvel LIVE on stage.
- Bubble Nation – create your own giant bubbles
- Ocean Zone – Big Air Kite Show
- Kitefest Karnival – featuring a host of rides
- Kitefest Kidz – a colourful, fun-filled zone for children aged 0-10 years old
- Roving Performers
- Kitefest Food, Drinks & Markets
Week Two Scarborough Sounds
When: Sun 4 September
Where: Scarborough Park, Landsborough Ave, Scarborough
Scarborough Sounds is back in 2016, bringing a bolstered program of amazing musical talent. Best of all, the event is FREE to attend.
The program includes:
- Hot Potato Band
- Thomas Armstrong-Robley & Suited To You
- Parasol featuring Frankie Smart
Week Three Jetty Fiesta
When: Sat 10 & Sun 11 September
Where: Redliffe Parade, Redcliffe
This free event will feature stage entertainment, spectacular light displays, Island-inspired acts, beach performances, fire-twirling and the BIGGEST fireworks display.
Wander through the twilight markets and food stalls or enjoy dinner at a local restaurant soaking up the cool beach style atmosphere. There is something for everyone at this year’s Jetty Fiesta!
For more information and a full program of events visit Redcliffe Festival
Scarborough Beach Resort is located on Landsborough Avenue adjacent to Scarborough Park and is only 2.5 Kms from Redcliffe.
Get in quick and book your Scarborough/Redcliffe Peninsula for the Festival today at Scarborough Beach Resort. CLICK HERE