Learn to sail in the beautiful Moreton Bay waters with Moreton Bay Boat Club Junior Sailing courses.
Moreton Bay Boat Club run two courses at the Club: Tackers and Learn to Sail. Tackers is an introductory, fun, games based sailing program designed by Yachting Australia for kids aged 7 – 12. Whilst Learn to Sail sessions are for the more serious sailors and run each Sunday, with 2 hour sessions which run for 9 weeks in line with the school semester.
They also run school holiday programs throughout each school holiday, which are 5 day programs 9am – 1pm each day and teach the fundamentals of sailing. Private lessons are also available.
No previous sailing experience is required as you are taught all aspects of sailing. Junior Sailing sessions are aimed at kids 7+ and require a basic level of swimming. All equipment, boats, life jackets etc is provided.
See Moreton Bay Boat Club for more information or contact Eliza on 07 3203 5188 at the Club.
Book your Scarborough/Redcliffe Peninsula Accommodation with us here today at Scarborough Beach Resort CLICK HERE
Scarborough Beach is the perfect place for a family holiday with our gorgeous beachfront location and green spaces lining the shores, there is plenty to keep the kids entertained for days or even weeks.
So here is the lowdown on what there is to do in the Scarborough/Redcliffe Peninsula area during your stay with us:
- Swim in the calm surf-free ocean.
- Explore the volcanic rock pools on the beach full of colourful crabs and other creatures.
- Climb the amazing gnarled branches of the Cottonwood trees in the park.
- Play on the Pirate Ship Playground in the fully-fenced park.
- Hire a Brum Pedal Car from us and pedal along the esplanade.
- Walk or cycle along the network of pathways along the beachfront.
- Go SUPing! Standup Paddle Boarding that is.
- Paddle a kayak in the ocean.
- Drop a line in at Scarborough Spit.
- Explore nearby Redcliffe Jetty, parks and boardwalk.
- Get aboard a Dolphin Wild Cruise out to Moreton Island.
- See the giants of the sea on a Whale Watching Cruise (in season)
- Catch a movie or show at Redcliffe Cultural Centre.
- Learn to sail at Moreton Bay Boat Club.
- Take a hike through Boondall Wetlands.
- Check out the international entertainment on offer at Brisbane Entertainment Centre.
- Plunge into the sea front pool at Settlement Cove Lagoon Redcliffe.
- Get up close and personal with Aussie wildlife at Australia Zoo in Landsborough.
- Enjoy the rides at Aussie World in Palmview.
- Talk a walk back in time at the Caboolture Historical Village.
If that isn’t enough incentive to have a family holiday in Scarborough Beach, then nothing would be! Book your beachside holiday escape with us here today at Scarborough Beach Resort.
Talk a stroll down memory lane at the Caboolture Historical Village just north of Caboolture on the old Bruce Highway.
The Historical Village is situated on 4 hectares and is listed as the Number One Tourist destination in the region with over 70 buildings, and more than 110,000 museum pieces. Visitors are able to walk through the visitors centre and step out into a Village of yesteryear.
The street with the old post office, barber, butcher and general store will bring back memories for many, however there is much more including an exhibition from the Queensland Prison’s Museum, the old Caboolture Hospital, several cottages that were moved from various sites around Caboolture, the old Caboolture Railway Station, and a popular exhibit with models of ships from the First Fleet to arrive in Sydney in 1788.
A great history lesson for the children! During school holidays, children are entertained by a variety of activities and opportunities to explore within the Village. Special events are held throughout the year.
You are welcome to bring your own picnic lunch and sit around the lawns, or at a picnic table, or you can eat at either the Redhall Cafe or the Boiling Billy Tea Room.
For more information and guided tour bookings visit Caboolture Historical Village
Caboolture is only 30 kms from us here at Scarborough. Book your Scarborough/Redcliffe Peninsula Accommodation with us here today at Scarborough Beach Resort CLICK HERE