When: Friday, August 10, to Sunday, August 19, 2018; opens daily at 9am
Where: Brisbane Showgrounds at 600 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills
Everything you want in a show is at this year’s Ekka, which is celebrating 141 years of bringing the best of the country to the city!
There’s SO much to do at EKKA Royal Queensland Show. But here’s a few of our favourite things:
- Interact with cuddly creatures at the animal nursery and petting zoo, cradle-a-chick, pat-a-pig or even milk a cow!
- Take in a display or animal competition; sheep dog trials, woodchopping and sawing, cat shows, decorated cake displays, cooking demos and a whole lot more.
- Buy a showbag (or two). No visit to EKKA is complete without a wander through the showbag pavilion, with goodies for everyone in the family – even your pets!
- Test your skills with a stroll down sideshow alley.
- Rides, rides, rides!
- Take a peek inside the Woolworths Fresh Food Pavilion and Gourmet Plaza or grab some traditional favourites like strawberries and cream.
- Stick around for EkkaNITES in the main arena from 6-8pm with a FREE action packed show of world-class acts including monster trucks, FMX riders and of course fireworks.
Oh, and don’t forget the EKKA Public Holiday which falls on Wednesday the 15th of August – perfect for those Brisbanites who are looking for a midweek getaway!
Book accommodation at Scarborough Beach Resort. Perfect for a family holiday to Queensland, it’s just 35 minutes drive from Brisbane airport, offering a selection of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully-self contained holiday apartments and onsite facilities including swimming lap pool, large heated spa and more.