Looking for somewhere to escape to for a quick relaxing break on the Queen’s Birthday long weekend, 3-5 October in 2020, then Scarborough in SE Queensland is the perfect destination. Scarborough is situated on beautiful Moreton Bay and is just 45 minutes from Brisbane.
There are a range of great things to do that will sooth the soul and take away the stresses of everyday life. Here’s a few suggestions to spark your imagination:
- Relax on the Bay foreshore with a bottle of wine and some fish and chips
- Shake off the sleep with a stroll on Woody Point Jetty at sunrise or enjoy a picturesque sunset
- Take a picnic to Suttons Beach for the day
- Stroll through the Redcliffe Botanic Gardens (located at George Street, Redcliffe) and enjoy the spring blooms
- Go fishing from one of the many popular fishing spots in the area
- Take a cruise over to Moreton Bay Island
- Enjoy a cappuccino at one of the many outdoor cafes and restaurants along the foreshore
- Discover some treasures and listen to live music at the Redcliffe Jetty Markets, held each Sunday
- Take a whale-watching tour from Redcliffe Jetty
- Have a leisurely BBQ from the rooftop of the Scarborough Beach Resort
There’s so much more to do in Scarborough. Visit the Redcliffe Visitor Information Centre for some more great ideas.
Scarborough Beach Resort is perfectly situated in Scarborough on the Redcliffe Peninsular. Offering a selection of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom fully self-contained holiday apartments and onsite facilities it’s the perfect place for a break for family or friends. Enjoy the swimming lap pool, large heated spa and more.